At E&B Natural Resources, we contribute to our communities through a series of individual giving, participation in building community based programs or offering specific grants. As a proud California- based company with production facilities throughout the state and in four additional states, Texas, Kansas, Wyoming and Louisiana, E&B is dedicated to working in harmony with our neighbors and places a high priority on improving the lives of people in the communities we hold assets. E&B has a long history of charitable giving in the areas of Education, Arts, and Community Services and in 2013 will expand its giving scope to include Public Health, Public Safety and the Environment.
- Project Touch in Hermosa Beach
- South Bay Chaplaincy
- Seniors Program through POA
- Hermosa Beach Firefighters Foundation
E&B Natural Resources Hermosa Beach was a proud contributing community sponsor to Spyder Surf Fest on Saturday, April 6, 2013 and donated event booth space to The Sarcoma Alliance "Ocean of Hope" to support a raffle for a Bark stand up paddleboard and supplied t-shirts and banners to expand the fundraising for the O2H group.
E&B's community team worked with local Hermosa Beach custom silkscreening vendor and Impact Production
to create unique, one-of-a-kind T-Shirts and vinyl banners to promote the event. The event raised more than $1,300 in t-shirt and raffle ticket donations and brought awareness of the Sarcoma Alliance and Ocean of Hope to thousands of festival participants.
- In 2012, E&B donated more than $25,000 in education grants to support teachers from California’s Central Coast down to the LA Basin in the form of professional development opportunities, resource development workshops and hands-on-learning tools for classrooms.
- D2D 2012 - A “Derricks to Desks” grant was offered to more than 200 science teachers throughout California resulting in 8 sponsored teachers for a week-long education seminar held in Bakersfield. This 19 year old program created by the Western States Petroleum Association (WSPA) featured intensive education support for teachers covering the learning fields of geology, engineering, production and alternative energy resources.
- LAB POWER 2012 - Our most recent grant provided an opportunity for educators in the primary, middle school and secondary school grades to participate in an innovative weekend workshop to develop science-based education resources for their classrooms. Petroleum Kits, Geology Carts and sponsorship for a workshop at the California Science Teachers Annual Meeting were developed.
- The MOLU - In the summer of 2012, E&B granted the use of a Mobile Oil Learning Unit (“MOLU”) to our participating school districts. MOLU is a 1 million dollar trailer equipped with unique hands-on learning units and a dedicated instructor who walks students and teachers through the world of petroleum production, geology, hydrology, seismology, energy, and other materials science curriculum for grades 5-8.
- Education Foundations - We support nonprofit education foundations such as the Hermosa Beach Education Foundation (Hearts of Hermosa and HBFF Poker Tournament 2012).
||Hermosa Arts Foundation
||Long Beach Opera
E&B has a Community Room at 205 Pier Avenue that is available for residents to use for local gatherings. Please call us if you are interested in reserving this space free of charge.